Tuition Fee charges
There are different funding support packages available to learners who want to study full-time or part-time. Find out what financial help you are entitled to before you enrol and apply within the given deadlines to ensure your financial support is in place by the time you arrive. What you are entitled to will depend upon your individual circumstances, where you live, what you are studying, and at what level.
Social Work, GEM, Nursing and Graduate Diploma programs
- Social Work & Graduate Entry in Medicine (GEM): Tuition Fees will be £9,000.
- NHS funded courses (Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic Science and Healthcare courses):Tuition Fee costs are covered in full by the NHS (WG Grant).
For additional funding information on the above specialist programmes please visit our Student Loans and Grants web pages.
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL): Tuition Fees will be £6000 with Fee bursaries available from the Law department to reduce the fee costs (for more information please contact the Law department)
- Graduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering: Tuition Fees will be £13,500 (pro-rata of £9,000) due to the course consisting of 180 UG credits; students can opt to transfer to Level 3 BEng Chemical Engineering after Part 1 reducing the fee costs to £9,000 per year
Note: Graduate Diploma students are not entitled to Student Finance support (due to previous degree funding) please contact our Money Advice Office for other funding options
UK/EU Current Students (pre 12/13 entry)
Students who started their degree program before 1st September 2012 will not be subject to the increased fee costs of £9000, your tuition fees will remain at the lower rate of £3465.
The following table provides a brief overview of the maximum funding you may be eligible for (depending on your course status, household income and living arrangements):-
||Tuition Fee Loan||Maintenance Grant||Maintenance Loan|
Students from Scotland please visit www.saas.gov.uk for funding information.
- Repeat module fees will be charged at £289 for every 10 credits for UK/EU students. International and Channel Island students will be charged a pro-rata fee of 1/12th (for every 10 credits) of the full-time equivalent fee approved.
- If you are on a year out in 14/15 as part of your program (such as intercalary/sandwich year or placement year) your tuition fees will be £1725 (for Erasmus programs the fees will be zero)
* Welsh students can also apply for a partial cancellation of up to £1500 on your maintenance loan. For more information please visit here
For additional funding information please check our Student Loans and Grants page.
International students can review further information here (Channel Island students should refer to their own government website).