FAQ and guidance
How do I enrol online?
To start enrolling and register as a student at Swansea University login to the SU Intranet, click on the online enrolment link to your current course and follow the step-by-step instructions. You can make corrections to your personal data and make payments or set up a direct debit online.
How do I log in for the first time?
Your intranet user id is your student number and default password is your student number and date of birth.
- For example, if your student number is 123456 and date of birth is 1st June 1995 you would type intranet user id "123456" and password "123456/01/06/1995"
After successfully logging on for the first time you will be asked to agree to a data protection and terms and conditions statement. For security reasons you may be prompted to change your password before proceeding to enrol online or browse your student profile.
When do I enrol?
All students are expected to enrol annually. Online enrolment is open for undergraduates and postgraduates from Monday 16 September onwards except for:
- New International students enrol in person during Freshers week
- Continuing undergraduates on a year out are eligible to enrol online earlier from mid August onwards
- Part 2 Taught Masters students are eligible to enrol online in August.
- Research students enrol on the anniversary of your start date in September-October, December-January, March-April or July.
- If you are pursuing one of the courses below then you are expected to enrol at alternative dates and times to main enrolment. You will receive details from your department about enrolment:
I am an international student can I enrol online?
New international students who need a visa to study do not enrol online. Instead you must provide valid immigration documents and enrol in person.
Continuing international students can enrol online unless your visa has expired. If you have a new visa or proof of applying for a new visa then you will need to provide your new immigration documents in person. Note if you have already studied for 5 years in HE then normally you will not be able to continue your studies.
What if I have a fee to pay?
Students liable to pay a fee will be prompted during online enrolment to either pay the first instalment by card immediately or set up a direct debit and pay your tuition fee later in two instalments (first DD payment due mid November). International students must pay at least 50% of their fee to enrol.
If you intend to pay by direct debit you should have a UK current bank account in your name and transfer funds to that account.
You can also pay by bank transfer to the University's account or by cheque or by phone. However, you will need to wait for your payment to clear before attempting to enrol on your course. Most transactions clear within 5 working days but more complex international transactions may take up to 10 working days. Browse how to pay fees for details.
What if I cannot enrol online?
If for any reason you cannot enrol online don't panic! Staff will be available on campus to help and if necessary you can enrol on campus in person.
What if I need to speak to someone about enrolment?
Phone 01792 602100 (international 44 1792 602100) and a member of staff will answer your questions. The helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays)