A Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) is a special facility where recent survivors of rape or sexual assault can receive immediate help and support. This includes access to a forensic medical examination, which is carried out by an experienced and qualified doctor, and the opportunity to speak to the Police about what has happened to them if they wish to do so. SARC clients also receive help and advice from one of a Crisis Worker who can offer to support them and stay with them throughout the process.
For more information on the advice and support SARC can provide, please visit http://www.newpathways.org.uk/sexual-assault-referral-centre/
New pathways - Sexual Assault Referral Centre
New pathways is a sexual assault referral centre where a range of specially trained, experienced professionals give help, support and advice to men, women, children and young people, following a sexual assault in Swansea or the surrounding areas.
Tel: 01792 966660
New Pathways provides a holistic service in a safe and comfortable environment that is client-focused. Anyone can refer to them. It doesn't matter how long ago an assault happened, or if you don't want to tell the police.
- Advice, to help you decide the way forward.
- Police interview facilitation, in a comfortable and confidential setting.
- Emotional support and advice.
- A forensic medical examination carried out by a specially trained doctor.
- Ongoing support and advocacy through the criminal justice system.
- Specialist counselling from an experienced and qualified Counsellor.
For further information, contact by telephone, email or visit the website. the website link directs you to the New Pathways website which covers a number of areas across Wales.
Out Of Hours Tel. No.: 07423 437020