Singleton Park Campus
Swansea was the first campus university in the UK, and its friendly, close-knit appeal encourages a welcoming and supportive community.
Singleton Abbey is a large nineteenth-century mansion built in the neo-Gothic style. The house was built for John Henry Vivian, an industrial magnate of great wealth whose son, Henry Hussey Vivian, became District Lord of Swansea. In 1920 Singleton Abbey became Swansea University's first building. It now houses the University's administration.
The Law Library is the University's original library, and the second oldest building on campus after Singleton Abbey. It was designed by Vernon Owen Rees, and was opened by the Duke of Kent in 1937. It is now a Grade II listed building.
Fulton House, named after the Principal J S Fulton, was originally named College House. It was designed by Percy Thomas and opened in 1965, and is a Grade II listed building. It now houses a range of student services, restaurants, and shops.
The Wallace Building is the University's other Grade II listed building. Also designed by Percy Thomas, it has an impressive marble porch and main hall, and is notable for its carved reliefs along the central block. It was completed in 1961.