Student Loans Company
Student Finance England has confirmed that the Student Loans Company will be providing loans for postgraduate master's degrees from the 2016/17 academic year.
Loans of up to £10,000 will be available to English domiciled students studying master's level courses at a UK university, including Swansea University.
The key features outlined by Student Finance England include:
- Borrow up to £10,000 towards the costs of postgraduate study, including tuition fees and living costs (paid directly to you).
- Available to English domiciled students (this includes those currently studying in Wales).
- Available to students under the age of 60.
- Non means tested (not dependent on your family's income).
- Both taught and research master's courses are eligible, including MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, MPhil, MA by Research, and MSc by Research courses.
- Available for full-time & part-time master's programmes (eligible courses must be either 1 or 2 years full-time or 2 or 4 years part-time. Part-time must be a minimum of 50% intensity at the start of the course, compared to the duration of the equivalent full-time course per academic year).
An information booklet can be downloaded here: http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/6854/sfe_pgl_qg_1617_d.pdf
There is also more information on the Student Room website: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=5659-Student-Finance
Applications are now open via the Gov.uk website: https://www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan
Please note that Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish domiciled students are not eligible for this loan scheme. The Welsh Government has yet to stipulate whether a similar system will be available to Welsh domiciled students.
Further details will be added to this website as they become available, or you can contact the Money Advice & Support Office for more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1792 606699