Joint First in UK for student satisfaction (NSS 2015)
Published on Wednesday 12th August, Swansea University Medical School has received spectacular success in the latest National Student Survey (NSS 2015) Results include;
Swansea University is now ranked 8th in the UK for student satisfaction, and the highest-ranking university in Wales, which show that 91% of Swansea students say that they are satisfied with their course overall. Read overview of our results here.
For more information about all of the courses we offer, visit our Learning and Teaching pages.
Outstanding results in REF 2014
Published on Thursday 18th December 2014, the results of Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 demonstrate that Swansea University has climbed from 52nd place in the UK in 2008 to 26th in 2014….this is the largest climb up the rankings of any research-intensive University in the UK.
Swansea University Medical School has also had spectacular success, rounding off a fantastic year of celebration in its 10th Anniversary Year
- Best performing College overall in Swansea University in terms of Grade Point Average (GPA)
- 100% 4* star for research environment, ranking it joint 1st in the UK
- 100% 3* and 4* star for impact case studies
- 92% 3* and 4* star for research outputs
- 95% 3* and 4* star for research overall
- 54% of research overall is 4* star
- Ranked 2nd in the UK in its Unit of Assessment
- Overall, Swansea University has climbed from 52nd place in the UK in 2008 to 26th in 2014 – this is the largest climb up the rankings of any research-intensive University in the UK.
* 3 star recognises quality that is internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
* 4 star recognises to quality that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.