- Items on loan from the library will automatically renew unless they are requested.
- Items will be automatically renewed on a maximum of 3 occasions i.e. items will be renewed for their original loan period a maximum of 3 times.
- At the end of this period, you will need to bring the item back to the Library to prove you have not lost or damaged the item. If no one else has requested the item you can borrow it again if you need to.
- You will receive an email alert when items are requested by another borrower to let you know the new date they are due back. These items will not be renewed and must be returned by the date stated in the email.
- If an item that has been recalled for another borrower is not returned by its due date, any other items that are checked out to the same account will stop automatically renewing until the recalled item is returned.
- Short loan and 24 hour loan items are exempt and will not be automatically renewed.
- Theses are exempt and will not be automatically renewed.
- Automatic renewals will continue throughout vacation periods.
You can still renew items yourself:
- in person at a Swansea University Library Desk.
- by telephone by calling:
Singleton Park Library on 01792 295178
South Wales Miners' Library on 01792 518603
Saint David's Park Library on 01792 513838
Bay Library on 01792 604066
- on the Internet. Go to http://ifind.swan.ac.uk and select Sign in at the top right of the screen. Log in using your usual Swansea University username and password. Select Loans and you will see the option to renew your books. After renewing the items, check the new due date and print out the page for reference in case of any problem.
The system will not allow you to renew books reserved by other borrowers, and if your books are overdue it will add the appropriate fine to your account.
If the item you want is out on loan, you can reserve a copy. You can request a reservation through your iFind account. However, during vacation periods and the summer term you will need to call one of our library desks to place a request.
If all copies of an item are out on loan, a message on iFind will state “No copies available – Check item details for options”. If you wish to request an item you will need to log in to iFind to view the request options. A “request” button will appear under the item on the library tab. Click the request button to confirm your request.
The current borrower will then be asked to return the book but we cannot guarantee the date when the book will be available for you. When the book is returned to the library an email will be sent to you and the book will be kept on the reservation shelf at the Issue Desk for up to 5 days during term time and for up to 7 days during vacations.
A few rules apply to reserving an item. You cannot put a request on a title which you already have on loan. A maximum of 5 requests can be placed at one time, and if the number exceeds 5 an automatic stop will be put on the student’s card so that no books can be borrowed or renewed. If a book with a request is not returned on the date requested, not only will it accrue fines from that date, but an automatic stop will be put on the card.