The Swansea University staff or student card can also be used to borrow books and other materials from our libraries. Members of the public can borrow books using our External Borrower scheme, Libraries Together. Borrowing entitlements for our libraries are summarised in the table below.
|Borrower||Number of items||Normal loan||Concurrent Requests|
30 (across all libraries)
(15 items maximum from St. David's Park)
|Postgraduates/Staff||30 (across all libraries)||4 weeks||15|
|External borrowers||5 (across all libraries except St. David's Park)||4 weeks||N/A|
Special loan categories
- Some items are designated as overnight loan or short loan.
- The current issue of a periodical may not be borrowed.
- Some older material is now kept in the library store in Fforestfach. Items, or photocopies of journal articles, can be requested. You may request an item from the store by logging into iFind, or by completing a Store Request Form, available at the Library Desk.
- Overnight loan and short loan items are not available to be borrowed by external borrowers.
- Other exceptions may apply. It is the library user’s responsibility to check their account regularly for due dates and recalls.
For further information about our borrowing policy, please see our Swansea University Libraries Loans Policy