We harness knowledge to improve lives around the world
The Observatory is a collaborative project with international, national and local partners, providing a forum for research, debate, education and knowledge exchange on human rights of children and young people, and working for realisation of human rights through policy, practice, advocacy and law reform. The Observatory is committed to:
- Developing capacity to help children and young people access their rights
- Working with and learning from children and young people, respecting their "right to be properly researched"
- Conducting research, data analysis and evaluative studies
- Identifying and advocating for change in law and practice to give practical effect to the rights of children and young people
- Harnessing the best in knowledge and innovation to support implementation of children and young people’s human rights
- Working with international, national and local partners in academic institutions, professions, government and non-governmental organisations
Wherever the Observatory@ brand is used, it represents these commitments, a value base rooted in universal human rights and dedication to helping ensure that children and young people’s rights are respected, protected and fulfilled. In Wales, Observatory@ activities are linked to the GRAR Observatory@Wales approach to effective implementation.