The Observatory is a collaborative project with local, national and international partners, providing a forum for research, debate, education and knowledge exchange on human rights of children and young people, and working for realisation of human rights through policy, practice, advocacy and law reform. The Observatory is committed to:
- Conducting research, data analysis and evaluative studies
- Working with and learning from children and young people, respecting their "right to be properly researched"
- Providing information and training for children and young people to develop capacity and help children and young people access their rights
- Identifying and advocating for change in law and practice to give practical effect to the rights of children and young people
- Harnessing the best in knowledge and innovation to support implementation of children and young people’s human rights
- Working with local, national and international partners in academic institutions, professions, government and non-governmental organisations
Read more about our projects, programmes and activities here.