International students

2017/18 EU student fees

Following an announcement by the Welsh Government, Swansea University are pleased to confirm that EU students enrolling at Swansea University in the academic year 2017/18 will continue to pay Welsh domestic student fees for the duration of their studies. 

EU students will also be able to access student loans from Student Finance Wales details of which can be found on the Student Finance Wales website.

What happens when we receive an application form?

How to apply to study at Swansea University

To study at Swansea University you will need to meet our general requirements. As well as achieving the entry grades of your chosen degree programme, you must meet our English Language requirements. 

  1. Choose your course. We offer a range of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. You will find information about tuition fees and modules on each of the course pages.

  2. Apply online: Once you have chosen your course you can apply online using OnTrack. If you have results pending, you must send your documents to show that you meet the requirements for your course.

Please remember that offers can take up to 15 days to be processed. Please email us if you have still not received an offer

Applying for MB BCh Graduate Entry Medicine

Students who wish to apply for the MB BCh Graduate Entry Medicine course must submit their application through the UCAS application system. We advise all students to read through the entry requirements for this course before submitting their application. 

Visa Advice

As an international student at Swansea University, you will benefit from the information, advice and support offered by our International Student Advisory Service (ISAS). You can use ISAS as a resource centre to find out about issues such as:

Which Study Visa? Applying for visas 

Credibility Interviews

Working in the UK 



Affordable, comfortable housing on-and-off campus

Swansea enjoys a lower cost of living than many parts of the UK, and this includes the cost of accommodation.

Accommodation plays a large part in student life and living in university accommodation adds a unique element to your student experience... all our accommodation gives you free access to Wifi and all our rooms are fully furnished.

Student Accommodation Services for Students

Student Accommodation Services, also known as SAS Lettings, is a joint venture between Residential Services and the Students’ Union, set up to help you find good quality and suitable housing in the private sector. We help over 600 2nd & 3rd year, postgraduate & exchange students find accommodation each year.

If you are thinking about renting accommodation, please take a look at the advice provided by the Students' Union about Renting in Swansea

English Language and Academic support

If you think you need to improve your English language skills before starting your studies, or if you need support with the English language while studying with us, our English Language Training Services (ELTS) offers a range of British Council accredited programmes to help you.

Academic support

Whether entering university for the first time, or taking the next step on an academic journey, the Academic Sucess Programme (ASP) support students by working with students to enhance their skills and gain confidence through a range of courses, workshops and individual tutorials, the ASP team help each student to improve, irrespective of their starting point.

The Academic Sucess Programme includes a variety of courses such as academic writing, critical thinking and presentation skills. In addition, the team collaborates with  academic colleges, offering bespoke workshops and support.

Developing your career

Many of the University’s courses are accredited by professional bodies, offer project placements with industry, and provide opportunities to apply knowledge in a practical setting.

Co-curricular opportunities to develop employability skills include national and international work experience and study abroad programmes and volunteering, together with students' union and athletic union societies, social and leisure activities.

If you are undecided about what you want to do after university, don’t worry. Whether you are interested in jobs, postgraduate study, voluntary work, or taking a year out, our Careers and Employability Service are on hand to give you the support and information you need.

Listen to our Introductory Careers audio for international students

Contact Us

International Development Office
Marketing Department
Singleton Park
Wales, UK

Make an enquiry

If you are a prospective international or EU student and would like more information about our courses, you can contact us by:

Filling out our international enquiry form

Tel: 00 44 (0) 1792 602600
Fax: 00 44 (0) 1792 295839

For current students:

Tel: 01792 606850