The purpose of the compliance procedure
- to ensure full understanding of the Standards
- to monitor compliance with the Standards and gather evidence of compliance, or failure to comply
- to establish procedures for implementing/enforcing where there is failure to comply
- to gather compliance data (data required under the Standards and additional data).
In addition, compliance monitoring:
- provides assurance to the University that it is effectively fulfilling its duties, and allows the University to respond promptly if problems arise
- provides assurance to the public/students/users that the Welsh service is effective (e.g. by testing that service / for the annual report).
It is also a requirement of the Standards to keep records of compliance, and the Welsh Language Commissioner may ask to see evidence of compliance at any time.