What funding is available?
If you have a disability, medical condition or specific learning difficulty you may be eligible for funding from the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
This allowance is intended to cover any extra costs or expenses that arise while you are studying because of your disability. They are not intended to pay for:
- Disability-related costs that you would have whether you were a student or not
- Study costs that every student might have
- Personal care
There are four sections within the allowance to cover different areas of need:
- Specialist equipment allowance
- Non-medical helpers' allowance
- General/other expenditure allowance
- Travel costs