The journey through university life can be both an exciting and confusing time for many students. It can be particularly challenging for those who have an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
Autistic Spectrum Conditions Service
What support is provided by the ASC team?
- 2-Day orientation programme for new students, prior to starting university
- Eureka Social Group for students with Autism/ASC
- Support for the student when setting up Disability Student Allowance (DSA). DSA can ensure that long-term support is in place, throughout a student’s time at Swansea University
- Individual support sessions
- Help with understanding an Autism/ASC diagnosis
- Liaising with academic departments to arrange reasonable adjustments when needed e.g. extra time in exams or alternative assessment provisions