Pre-University Summer School
Pre-University Summer School for International High School Students is a unique two-week residential course for students who want to experience life at a prestigious Top 30 UK University. The academic challenges, combined with a full programme of social activities, offer an exciting experience for summer.
The Pre-University Summer School is open to 16 and 17 year old students enrolled in their final two years of study who want to:
- Experience student life at a prestigious Top 30 UK University during the summer
- Develop Academic English
- Take the opportunity to sample a chosen academic subject (Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities or Law)
- Prepare for your future at university and beyond.
- Develop ability to work in a team with students from different cultures and nationalities.
- Connect and make friends with a diverse range of students
- Have fun and explore Wales and England through a social programme.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE SUMMER SCHOOL?
The Summer School runs from Saturday 4th July – Saturday 18th July 2020. The programme is designed as a two-week residential experience, where students live in Swansea University accommodation. All tuition and classes will be held at Swansea University Bay Campus, less than 2 minutes walk from the residence.
This course is for you if:
- you are a high school student about to start your final two years of high school.
- you'll be 16 or 17 years old for the duration of the course.
- English isn't your first language, but your comprehension level is good, to enable you to take part in classes and group tasks. Classes will take place entirely in English.
- You will be taught in classroom sessions, formal lectures, laboratories and workshops.
- Interested in studying at a UK university and keen to learn about the academic culture and study skills to be successful at undergraduate level.
- Willing to participate in the wide range of academic, cultural and social activities.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
WHAT WILL YOU SEE AND DO?
- Swansea coach tour
- Day trips to Tenby (West Wales) and Oxford
- Tours of University faculties
- Evening and weekend social activities
- Concluding gala ceremony
Please see the full itinerary
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST AND WHAT IS INCLUDED?
The Swansea University Summer School costs £1,950 per student.
- Return journey between Swansea & London Heathrow (with airport pick up and transfer)
- Tours of Swansea and Gower, and trips to Tenby and Oxford
- English and academic tuition
- En-suite accommodation in brand new on-campus student residences
- Evening and weekend social activities as well as free time
- Full board catering
Students who enrol onto a programme with The College following the Summer School will be eligible for a £250 discount on their tuition fees at The College.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER COSTS?
You will need money for any food and drink outside of the catering provided by the summer school, any activities in your free time and souvenirs or gifts.
ACCOMMODATION, MEALS AND WHAT TO BRING
Experience university life by staying on-campus. Our brand new en-suite single rooms is included in the cost. All rooms have free WIFI internet as well as a work desk and wardrobe. Towels and bed linen are provided.
You will have breakfast, lunch and dinner in one of university catering outlet. Costs are included in the course fee. Additional snacks are not provided, but you will be able to purchase food from a range of facilities on and around campus. Meals during trips will be takeaway packed lunches.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Students from all backgrounds and nationalities are welcome at our summer school, as long as you are age 16-17 and in the last two years of your high school studies.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Application is currently closed. Please check back again soon.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Swansea this summer!