Swansea University Summer School: An educational and cultural experience
Do you want to experience university life in the UK, receive subject-specific tuition and meet students from around the world in the vibrant seaside city of Swansea? Enrol now for our International Summer School this summer.
You’ll get the opportunity to mix tuition in English language and relevant subject areas with social and cultural experiences at a prestigious Top 30 UK University.
Find out what it is like to live and study at Swansea University, explore the local area, and spend the weekend in London.
When and where is the Summer School?
The Summer School runs from 20th July - 11th August 2019. All accommodation and tuition is at Swansea University, based in the exciting city of Swansea in south Wales, which has great transport links and stunning scenery.
What you’ll study:
Alongside English language tuition, the summer school offers subject-specific tuition in:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business, Accounting and Finance & Economics
- Human & Health Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Maths & Computer Science
What you’ll see and do
- Swansea coach tour
- Weekend in London
- Day trips to Tenby (West Wales) and Oxford
- Tours of University faculties
- Evening and weekend social activities
- Concluding gala ceremony
Please see the full itinerary here - Itinerary
5 reasons to choose our Summer School
- Study at a world-class university
- Discipline-specific academic tuition
- Explore Swansea and the UK
- Meet new people from around the world
- Improve your English language skills
How much does it cost and what’s included?
The Swansea University Summer School costs £2,750 per student, which includes:
- Return journey between Swansea & London Heathrow (with airport pick up and transfer)
- Tours of Swansea and Gower, and trips to Tenby and Oxford
- 3 nights in London on the last weekend
- English and academic tuition
- Ensuite accommodation in brand new on-campus student residences
- Evening and weekend social activities as well as free time
- £150 campus catering card
- Bus pass providing free travel within the local area
Students who enrol onto a programme with The College following the Summer School will be eligible for a £250 discount on their tuition fees at The College.
Are there any other costs involved?
You will need money for any food and drink outside of the £150 catering allowance, any activities in your free time and souvenirs or gifts.
Accommodation and what to bring
Experience university life by staying in on-campus accommodation. This brand new en suite private accommodation is included in the cost. Separate accommodation will be arranged for the weekend in London.
We’ve put together some suggestions of what to bring here - What to bring with you
Who can apply?
Students from all backgrounds and nationalities are welcome at our summer school, as long as you are over 18 years of age.
How do I apply?
Visa applicants should apply through the Short-term study visa route.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Swansea this summer!