Bus – a convenient and affordable way to get about town
If cycling or walking isn’t a good travel option for you then why not take the bus?
With regular services between campuses and routes covering the majority of the city, it’s easy to get about by bus.
Coronavirus: Important Updates on Bus Services - Information correct as of 09.09.20
We aim to keep this information updated regularly. Please note that as restrictions ease, services will be adjusted in line with Government advice.
- It is compulsory to wear a face covering on public transport in Wales. Visit First Cymru's Covid-19 Service Information webpage for further information about face coverings and other safety measures including helpful video guides to give you a clearer idea of what First Cymru is doing to keep you safe whilst using public transport.
- You should keep an eye on the University’s information and advice for students during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- 24 hour services and the number 9 service are currently unavailable until normal services resume. First Cymru have up-to-date information on how their services have been affected on their website: www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales
- Please note that during the pandemic, bus service providers are likely to make changes to services and procedures in line with changing Government guidelines. We advise you to download the First Cymru app to keep up-to-date with First Cymru services. You can also visit their covid-19 webpage and follow them on social media.
- Welsh Government Travel Advice is available here: gov.wales/coronavirus-travel
- Fabian Way Park and Ride is currently closed until further notice - find out more over on Swansea Council's website.
- Due to the ongoing uncertainty of covid-19, we would not advise you to purchase an annual bus pass at this time. If you do purchase an annual bus pass from First Cymru, please be advised, in the event of further lockdown situations, First Cymru will not be issuing refunds. There are a number of alternative options available below including term time bus passes and flexi 5 bundles.