Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
We use a range of methods to encourage our students, staff and visitors to make simple changes that can dramatically reduce the volume of waste we generate. At Swansea University we promote:
- Donating unwanted items to charity for re-use - we have British Heart Foundation clothes banks on both our campuses!
- Avoiding purchasing heavily packaged items.
- Using re-usable shopping bags instead of disposable carrier bags.
- Using a reusable coffee cup - using a reusable cup at our catering facilities saves 25p on every hot drink.
- Buying products made from recycled materials.
Everything there is to know about our waste and recycling processes, including further information on the management of specific waste streams, including hazardous, clinical and biological waste, is available within our waste management guidance notes.
Additional resources are available for students and staff over on the Staff Intranet and MyUni webpages. If you have any queries, please do contact us.