Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship
At Swansea University, we’re committed to embedding sustainability within our teaching, as outlined in our Strategic Plan 2020.
We are a key partner in the Higher Education for Future Generations Group for Wales (previously known as the HE ESDGC Group for Wales).
Through the group, we focus on sharing good practice around Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and sustainability and we recently took over the running of the UN Regional Centre for Excellence (RCE) Wales.
We have also developed a number of related groups:
- Circular Economy Research and Innovation Group (chaired by Gavin Bunting, Swansea University)
- Learning and Teaching for ESDGC, Healthy Universities
- Collaborating with Public Services Boards
- Regeneration and cohesive communities, Effective communication
- Asking the hard questions (a scrutiny group)