Embedding Sustainability from the word 'go'
Sustainability is part of our mandatory staff induction here at Swansea University. Inductions are run on a termly basis for all of our new employees.
During the induction, our sustainability team cover the following topics:
- Our Sustainability Policy
- Our Environmental management system targets for energy, carbon, waste & water
- The roles and responsibilities of staff as part of our Environmental Management System
- The sustainability engagement opportunities for staff through our SWell engagement programme
We also run inductions for our students, which cover the above topics plus:
- Sustainability engagement opportunities for students i.e. Sustainability award, SWell student engagement, Botanical Garden Volunteering, Conservation Volunteering & Brighter Futures Funding.
You can find out more by clicking the link below and downloading our Sustainability induction slideshow.