Once more details about information sessions are available, we will post them here. Please check back soon!
Students wanting to gain international work experience can complete an internship from the comfort of their own home, working up to 30 hours per week for 4, 8, 12 or 16 weeks. All students are guaranteed an online internship placement in one of their career fields, and students can focus on one country overseas or multiple countries overseas for placement options - students are given 3 location preferences.
More information can be found on the Virtual Internships website
- Guaranteed Virtual International Internship in the career field of choice
- Dedicated Intern Experience Manager to check-in weekly with interns
- Assigned Internship Coach to complete midpoint and end of programme coaching calls with the delivery of Global Career Management Plan (GCMP) and Global Employability Certificate
- Access to CareerBridge, Virtual Internships' award-winning Global Internship Curriculum walking students through resume/CV creation, interview prep, time management, remote work, and more
- Weekly Group Discussions or Employability Webinars covering a range of topical themes
- Full End of Programme Report including supervisor evaluation, student assessment, and Global Career Management Plan
- Students must be enrolled at Swansea University
- Students cannot be in the final year of study
- Postgraduate students can apply for funding but must provide evidence that their academic supervisor approves of their participation.
- annual household income of £25,000 or less (rising to £30,000 for Go Global bursaries)
- students receiving Universal Credit or income-related benefits (for Taith and Turing only)
- care leavers and care experienced students
- care givers (excludes Taith)
- estranged students.
- refugees and asylum seekers.
- first international or professional experience (for Santander only)
Confirmed total cost of participation:
£995 for any duration internship (consisting of £995 programme cost)
Funding available to eligible students:
- up to £795 for students eligible for the standard bursary
- up to £895 for students eligible for the WP enhanced bursary
- minimum bursary of £500 for eligible students and subject to availability
A total of 5 bursaries are available for this programme. Apply as soon as possible to secure funding as all funding is limited!
You will be responsible for paying a deposit directly to Virtual Internships, and we will pay the remainder of your funding direct to Virtual Internships once you have started the programme.
To receive funding, you will be required to complete and return the necessary documentation and fulfil the requirements of the funding you are awarded.
Apply for funding:
- Complete and return the Go Global Funding Application Form to email@example.com
- We will confirm your funding eligibility
Apply to the programme:
- Rolling application deadlines
- We are currently waiting for updated application information from Virtual Internships and we will update this page when details are confirmed