Kateryna’s interest in health economics stems from the time period 2004-2006 when she worked as a Research Associate in the Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting based in Kiev. She successfully completed a two-year multidisciplinary research project financed by Global Development Network (GDN) that investigated the financial and institutional structure of the healthcare system in Ukraine
She has an advanced experience in operational research, linear, non-linear and dynamic programming, various types of advanced econometric analyses, and also in model evaluation using cost-benefit techniques and Bayesian methods specifically in the healthcare area. She has strong numerical and quantitative skills and has a vast experience in processing and analysing extensive qualitative and quantitative data sets and experience in time series modelling and forecasting. Her computer literacy portfolio includes but is not limited to Matlab, Fortran, Stata, Eviews, R, VBA for Excel, TreAge Pro, WinBugs, SAS and SPSS
Areas of expertise:
• Economic evaluation, decision modelling and cost effectiveness analysis in healthcare;
• Research, projects coordination and liaison with pharmaceuticals and public sector companies;
• Preparation of publications and project reports;
• Advanced experience in operational research, linear, non-linear and dynamic programming and econometric analysis;
• Advanced numerical and quantitative skills and advanced experience in processing and analysing extensive qualitative and quantitative data sets.
Key related skills: Markov, simulation modelling, decision trees, sensitivity analyses, Monte Carlo and bootstrap simulations, VBA for Excel, TreAge Pro, SAS, SPSS, applied time series modeling and forecasting, Matlab, Fortran, Stata, Eviews.