No records found
2010 - Present
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal Desalination
2009 - Present
PAC member, The Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC)
2004 - Present
Member of Advisors Board, Arab Healthy Water Association (AHWA)
2004 - Present
Director of the Centre for Clean Water Technologies, University of Nottingham
2003 - 2010
Member of Scientific Advisory Board, Lifeboat Foundation, USA
2007 - Present
Senior Research Director, Qatar Foundation
2014 - 2016
Professor Nidal Hilal has been involved in the writing of the following books:
- Membrane Fabrication
- Membrane Modification
- Atomic Force Microscopy in Process Engineering
- Boron Separation Processes
- Membrane Characterisation
- Membrane-Based Salinity Gradient Processes for Desalination
- Nanofiber Membranes for Medical, Environmental, and Energy Applications
- Water, water everywhere? The Telegraph, 20th June 2014.
- The Water Challenge – Why Desalination Technology. The Environmental Technology Online, 5th June 2014.
- Interview with Sky news Arabia on 15th January 2013.
- Interview with Utilities Middle East Magazine on “The membrane Advantage”. July 2012.
- His work has been chosen to be on show at British Museum (Science Museum). “Water Wars: Fight the food crisis”. Launched October 2011
- Interviewed by the Royal Society of Chemistry for their newsletter “InfoChem”, issue 129 “Water for Life”, June 2011.
- Interview with Okaz newspaper, Saudi Arabia, published in September 2009.
- Interview with BBC Radio 4. “Material World” Programme, broadcast on 15th June 2006. Discussion about Desalination, water re-use and the proposed plant on the Thames
- Interview with Vision Magazine, published by the University of Nottingham. April 2006
- Interview with Arab Economics newspaper “Al-Iqtissadia”. Volume 257, 6th August 2006
- Interview with BBC Radio 4. “Home Planet” Programme, broadcast on 20th July 2004.