A career in the competitive field of sport and exercise can be rewarding and challenging, but perhaps the biggest challenge is getting your foot on the first step on the ladder.
In addition to the support you can expect from us here at Swansea University, there is also a lot of external resources to help you.
So you don’t have to do the hard work of finding them yourself, we have collated a few of the main websites together here so you can browse them at your leisure.
The more information you have and the better prepared you become, then the more likely it is that you will succeed and land that dream job.
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES). The professional body for the sector, all students have BASES membership. In addition to loads of information about the industry, BASES also produce their own careers guide which can be found here.
- Careers in Sport. Careers in Sport offer advice, guidance and a resource of job opportunities across the sport and exercise sector. Well worth keeping an eye on the site for what they have available.
- Supporting Champions. Run by highly regarded professional sports coach, Steve Ingham, Supporting Champions is useful for anyone who is really committed to a career in the sector. Memberships and courses available.
- Target Careers. Some good information on the sorts of careers available in the sector.
- Don’t forget LinkedIn. A free business oriented social media site that enables you to connect to professionals working in the sports and exercise sciences sector across the world. Build yourself a profile and start to explore what is on offer across the industry.