Our Clean Sport Commitment
Swansea University is committed to playing our part in keeping the values and power of sport intact, and instil an ethos of clean sport as a valued and integral part of sporting life at Swansea University, from our recreational to elite sport.
All sporting participants have the right to compete in Clean Sport.
Swansea University adopts the UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and World Anti- Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
To this end, Swansea University commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
- Swansea University supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
- All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- Swansea University is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies.
- Employed and associated ‘staff’ will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to in Swansea University’s own code of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
- All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
- Swansea University will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
Useful links and resources
UK Anti-doping Agency
World Anti-doping Agency
Global Drug Reference Online