Swansea Science Doctoral Training Centre
Swansea Science is a community committed to world-class research that has a positive impact globally. The Science Doctoral Training Centre fosters a growing, vibrant community of PhD students. This community is a key dynamic in our drive to be the most creative place to do science.
The DTC provides a competitive advantage to our postgraduate researchers, preparing them for industry and academe that increasingly looks for "T" shaped thinkers: deeply skilled in a discipline but who can connect broadly with others.
Available Funded Projects:
- UKRI CDT fully-funded Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Advanced Computing
- EPSRC Fully-Funded Scholarships - Atomic, Molecular and Quantum Physics (closing date: 13 May 2019)
- Scalable Advanced Nanomaterials Fully-Funded (closing date: 10 April 2019)
- Topological Data Analysis Fully-Funded (closing date: 31 March 2019)
- EPSRC Fully-Funded Scholarship in Computer Science 2018/2019 (closing date: 23 March 2019)
- EPSRC Fully-Funded Scholarship in Computer Science 2019/2020 (closing date: 23 March 2019)
- Physics International PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 (start date 1 October 2019) (tuition fee reduction)
We have a number of self-funded PhD projects available from the following subject areas: Biosciences, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics and Physics.
Project descriptions can be found in each subject area.