The Institute’s mission has six principal strands:
- Research: To contribute world leading research to the fields of Applied Ethics and Law
- Leadership: To guide and mentor Swansea University staff in research, teaching, and policy with respect to Applied Ethics and Law
- Integrity: To support the Swansea University research integrity processes
- Consultancy: To provide ethical and legal advice to national and international policy makers in relevant fields (e.g. health, police services, criminal justice, sports governance, drug policy)
- Teaching: To develop the teaching of Applied Ethics and Law across Swansea University’s undergraduate and graduate curricula.
- Clearing House: to act as a critical forum for the discussion of contentious ethical issues in academic life