The achievements of around 4,000 Swansea University students will be celebrated at the University’s annual summer degree ceremonies next week.
The ceremonies will be held at the University’s Great Hall at the Bay Campus from Monday 23 July until Saturday 28 July, where undergraduate and postgraduate students will receive their degrees.
Students will be joined by their families and friends, University officials, academic staff, representatives of the Students’ Union, civic officers and local dignitaries.
The degrees will be received by graduands from:
- Swansea University Medical School and the College of Human and Health Sciences on Monday.
- The College of Arts and Humanities and the Department of Adult Continuing Education (DACE) on Tuesday.
- The School of Management on Wednesday.
- The College of Engineering on Thursday.
- The College of Science on Friday.
- The Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law on Saturday.
Professor Richard B. Davies, vice-chancellor of Swansea University, said: “Our degree and award congregations are the happiest occasion in the academic year. I would like to offer my warmest congratulations to our students graduating this year and I wish them every success for the future.
“We have a proud history of equipping students for exceptional personal and professional achievement since 1920. I hope this year’s graduates will be able to take a continuing pride in Swansea University, as we continue to build upon the phenomenal success of recent years”.
Each ceremony will be livestreamed on our website.
- Thursday 19 July 2018 12.59 BST
- Friday 20 July 2018 14.27 BST
- Catrin Newman