Swansea University is now in the UK top 5 for overall student satisfaction, according to the results of the latest National Student Survey (NSS), published today.
89% of Swansea students say that they are satisfied with their course overall.
The NSS is a comprehensive UK-wide survey of students’ views carried out independently and anonymously by Ipsos-MORI. Students are asked their views on areas such as teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, the organisation and management of their course, learning resources, the Student Voice and their Students’ Union.
Students at 413 institutions were eligible to take part in the survey. 2,910 Swansea students completed the 2018 survey, representing 69% of all those eligible.
Picture: students on Swansea beach, one minute's walk from our Singleton campus. Our Bay Campus is also on a beach.
- Overall student satisfaction at Swansea University was 89%, an increase of 1% on last year
- Swansea University is now in the top 5 universities in the UK for student satisfaction. It is ranked joint fifth in a list of the UK’s 129 universities as featured in the Times Good University Guide 2018.
- At the specific subject level the University appears in the top 10 for overall satisfaction in nearly half (21) of the 43 subjects we appear in.
- Top 10 rankings in particular was achieved by German Studies (1st), Archaeology (1st), Physics (2nd), Medicine (4th), Classics (5th), Materials & Minerals Technology (5th), Media Studies (6th), Zoology (6th), Aerospace Engineering (6th), Iberian Studies (7th), Genetics (7th), Electronic and Electrical Engineering (8th), American and Australasian studies (8th), Computer Science (9th), Mechanical, Production and Manufacturing Engineering (9th), Teacher Training (9th), Sociology (10th), Complementary Medicine (10th).
Professor Martin Stringer, Pro-Vice Chancellor at Swansea University, said:
“I am delighted to see the excellent improvements in overall satisfaction for Swansea University.
These results reflect the continued efforts of the University to improve the student experience. We work in close partnership with our students, who are a key driver of our continued improvement and success.
This is the third piece of excellent news we have received recently, building on our success of the Teaching Excellence Framework Gold Award, and our place in the top ten for graduate prospects in the UK."
- Friday 27 July 2018 15.41 BST
- Thursday 14 February 2019 15.24 GMT
- Public Relations Office