The Politics and International Relations Society at Swansea University Students’ Union will hold the next in their series of events on Monday 30th November.
Title: “The Paris Attacks: Domestic and International Consequences”
Swansea University speakers include:
- Dr Luca Trenta, Lecturer in Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Dr Matthew Wall, Lecturer in Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Professor Michael Sheehan, Professor of Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Lloyd Hopkins, a PhD student who will examine the military options that France has;
- David Mair, a PhD student who is investigating terrorist use of social media and psychological warfare.
Date: Monday 30th November
Time: 5:00pm until 7:00pm
Venue: Glyndwr Building, Room B, Swansea University
Admission: Free of charge, all welcome.
The event will be conducted as a panel debate and Q&A session, with the panel of expert speakers above, and will examine:
- Domestic French politics and the impact the attacks will have in the run up to the 2017 French Presidential election;
- The French military, security and foreign policy response to the attacks;
- ISIL, their origins, capabilities and future;
- The US foreign policy response and the connection to Syria.
For further information please contact the Politics and International Relations Society, email: email@example.com.
- Thursday 26 November 2015 00.00 GMT
- Thursday 26 November 2015 15.48 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050