A flourishing achievement as Swansea University is awarded Silver in the Best Large Business category at the Swansea in Bloom 2015 competition. The award marks on an improvement on Swansea University’s entry into the Swansea in Bloom 2014 competition where it was awarded Bronze in the Best Business/Public Premises category.
Swansea University first entered Swansea in Bloom back in 2009 achieving Bronze in the Best Newcomer category along with a string of other awards since ranging from Gold to Highly Commended.
The awards compliment the hard work and dedication of a Grounds Management team who have grown and maintained many beautiful floral displays and arrangements across a vast estate. It is a token to Swansea University’s commitment to provide students, staff and visitors with visually beautiful campuses making Swansea a more attractive place to live, work and visit.
With the recent opening of the Bay Campus, the Grounds Management team now have two large campuses to maintain and create even more floral displays in stunning locations overlooking Swansea Bay. With more opportunity to create dazzling and remarkable displays, Swansea University will be aiming for Gold in 2016.
Paul Edwards, Grounds Manager said:
“Although hard work the maintenance of the Universities grounds is worth it, to provide a relaxing pleasant environment for students and visitors alike to enjoy.”
Paul Robinson, Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities Management said:
“Congratulations to our Grounds Management team on winning Silver in the Best Large Business Category at the Swansea in Bloom awards. It is a great result – particularly when we are up against many hotels whose gardens are a key part of their commerciality.”
- Swansea in Bloom aims to encourage residents, businesses, communities and schools to decorate their premises with pretty floral displays in order to make Swansea a more beautiful place to live, work and visit. The annual competition is organised by the City and County of Swansea's Parks Development team in conjunction with Swansea in Bloom's voluntary group.
- Grounds Management forms part of Commercial, Sport and Campus Services under the Estates and Facilities Management (E&FM) directorate of Swansea University. E&FM is a multi-faceted professional services directorate responsible for the strategic and safe operational management of the University's physical estate and a broad range of services which impact daily on campus users and stakeholders; from staff and students to visitors and contractors.
Picture: Paul Edwards (Grounds Manager) and the Swansea University Grounds Management team.
- Tuesday 22 September 2015 14.33 BST
- Tuesday 22 September 2015 14.41 BST
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050