Swansea University will hold two Postgraduate Open Afternoons for prospective students next month.
On Wednesday, November 11, from 1pm until 5pm, there will be an Open Afternoon at the Singleton Park Campus for the College of Arts and Humanities, College of Human and Health Sciences, College of Law, College of Science, and the Medical School (N.B. There are separate open events for Graduate Entry Medicine).
The University offers postgraduate courses in all subject areas and there are a number of scholarships and bursaries for research and taught postgraduate courses.
In addition to finding out more about scholarships and bursaries, the Postgraduate Open Afternoons will give prospective students the opportunity to:
- Find out about postgraduate taught and research opportunities at Swansea University;
- Meet current postgraduate students and hear about their study experiences;
- Meet course representatives and speak to admissions tutors about research options;
- Speak to staff and get expert advice about applications, accommodation, finance, careers, and support for international students;
- Take a guided tour of our superb postgraduate facilities at the Singleton Park and Bay Campuses.
Dr Jenny Clarke, Swansea University’s Postgraduate Student Recruitment Officer, said: “A postgraduate qualification could help you stand out from the crowd, increase your earnings, and secure professional or managerial level employment. Postgraduate study can also be the ideal way to change career, with many courses requiring no previous experience in the subject area.
“Attending a postgraduate open day event gives you the opportunity to speak to staff and students about course options, funding, and what life as a postgraduate student is really like.
“Not all universities are the same, so it's important to find the right fit for you. Explore the facilities, get a feel for the campus, and make sure that the courses on offer meet your requirements.”
For more information, or to book a place on one of the Open Afternoons, visit www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/open-days.
- Thursday 22 October 2015 01.00 BST
- Tuesday 17 September 2019 16.04 BST
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295049