Hosted by the PPHI group at the Swansea University Medical School
Venue: Round Reading Room, Alex Design Centre, University of Wales Trinity St David’s Swansea
Date: 15 October 2015
Time: 1pm – 4.50pm (with lunch provided)
What is impact, and how can health services researchers achieve it?
This half-day Health Services Research UK (HSRUK - formerly HSRN) seminar will help researchers, practitioners and policy makers to understand how they can work together to identify and demonstrate impact for their research on the way health care is planned, delivered and experienced.
Chaired by Judith Smith, Director of Health Services Management Centre at Birmingham University, this stimulating event will encourage delegates to think in a broad way about the many dimensions of impact.
It will be an opportunity to:
- Hear an author of a high scoring impact REF 2014 case study scrutinise how the case study was put together and share lessons learned.
- Contribute to a panel discussion with senior leaders in health services research to consider how we can ensure that services are evaluated and re-designed with the patient and community in mind.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stephen Hanney, Brunel University
- Vicky Ward, University of Leeds
- Helen Snooks, Swansea University
This event is free for HSRUK members and £50 per person to non-members. Venue: VIEW MAP
- Wednesday 2 September 2015 01.00 BST
- Wednesday 2 September 2015 17.06 BST
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 2950450