An event to promote cyber-security to Welsh public and private partnerships is to take place at Swansea University tomorrow (Tuesday 20th October).
The free one day event, hosted by the University's College of Law and College of Science with Accelero-Digital, Pervade Software and the South Wales Cyber Security Cluster, will begin with a cyber security networking fayre followed by a series of presentations from guest speakers in the afternoon, which will offer a different perspective on public-private partnership in the field of cyber security, from policy-making, research, law enforcement, higher education, industry and small-medium enterprises.
Venue: Council Chamber, Abbey Building
Date: Tuesday 20th October
Time: 10 am to 4:30 pm.
- Dr Markus Roggenbach, Associate Professor in Computer Science, Swansea University.
- Craig Gillespie, Cyber Crime Team, South Wales Police
- Dr Madeline Carr, Senior Lecturer in International Police and the Cyber Dimension, Aberystwyth University.
- Jonathan Fearne, Welsh Government
- John Davies, Pervade Software
- Kelvin Jones, Accelero Digital
The event is part of European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) which takes place every October, and aims to promote cyber security among citizens and hopes to change the perception of cyber attacks by promoting information security, education, and the sharing of good practices.
Book a place here
- Monday 19 October 2015 14.29 BST
- Thursday 19 September 2019 11.44 BST
- Swansea University