Published today (7 June), the table ranks Swansea 31st - the same position as last year - out of the country’s 121 universities by scoring each institution on a range of aspects, such as course and teaching satisfaction, entry scores, spend per student, student-staff ratios and graduate career prospects.
The proportion of students satisfied with their course has increased significantly, with Swansea now ranked 4th in the UK. Swansea is also ranked joint 5th alongside Cambridge University for the proportion of students achieving graduate-level employment or further study six months after graduating.
The overall Guardian league table is accompanied by subject rankings, showing how universities perform across 54 areas of study.
Eight Swansea University subjects feature in the UK top 10:
- Engineering: General
- Engineering: Materials and Mineral
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Social Policy and Administration
- Media and Film Studies
- American Studies
Professor Hilary Lappin-Scott, Senior Pro-Vice-Chancellor, said: “This is a wonderful achievement that reflects the hard work and dedication shown by all of the staff and students across the University. Not only have we maintained the same position as last year despite increasing competition, but we have also made significant improvements in areas that students really care about.
“These latest results reinforce Swansea’s position as a high-performing, global university that delivers top quality teaching, world-leading research, and a student experience that is second to none. Not only is Swansea the best university in Wales, it is among the UK’s top institutions at preparing highly employable graduates that are equipped for work life.”
This latest news follows a wave of unprecedented successes that has seen Swansea University:
- Named Welsh University of the Year and runner-up for the overall UK University of the Year in the prestigious Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- Crowned University of the Year in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019.
- Shortlisted for the Times Higher Education University of the Year title.
- Ranked in the UK top 10 and top in Wales for graduate prospects, in the Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2018 survey.
- Awarded gold, the highest possible rating, in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- Ranked 5th* in the UK for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.
- Friday 7 June 2019 16.12 BST
- Friday 7 June 2019 15.06 BST
- Catrin Newman, Tel: 01792513454