- You must obtain an average of 60% in your first year with no resit exams to progress to the second year of the MSc in Advanced Computer Science with Industry.
- You must also secure EITHER an external industry placement OR an internal project with an industry partner to progress to the second year of the MSc in Advanced Computer Science with Industry.
If you do not meet both BOTH conditions 1 and 2 above, you will be transferred to the one-year MSc in Advanced Computer Science (i.e. with no industry option).
- You will be given placement preparation support, to give you the best possible chance of securing a competitive external industry placement. However, external companies are solely responsible for choosing students to take up placements with them and the University cannot guarantee you will secure one.
- If you are unable to secure an external placement, the Computer Science department will work with industrial partners to secure you a placement within the University, working collaboratively on a project. While we expect to be able to secure an internal industry project for the vast majority of students who do not secure an external placement, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so for all students.
- Industry partners for internal projects will have specific interests and areas of expertise - it is important to understand that to work with them, you will need to work on projects in those areas of interest and expertise. You will not be able to decide on your own project.
- While external industry placements are paid positions, internal projects with industrial partners are not.
No courses found with course code PG40ITF1