Physics: Tuition Fee Reduction PhD Scholarships for International Candidates
Closing date: Applications accepted all year round
Start date: 1 October 2019
International (non-UK/EU) candidates are invited to apply for a tuition fee reduction PhD scholarship in the Department of Physics, College of Science at Swansea University. Up to five scholarships are available in the following areas of research:
Candidates must have a First, Upper Second Class Honours or a Master’s degree with Merit, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English Language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
These are three-year partly-funded College of Science scholarships, reserved for International (non-UK/EU) candidates.
Each scholarship is worth £8,650. The international tuition fees for 2019/2020 are £18,400. Tuition fees for years of study after your first year are subject to an increase of 3%. Successful candidates will be required to pay £9,750 per annum.
How to Apply
Candidates must complete and submit the following documents to the College of Science (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Academic References – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline, as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please either include these with your scholarship application or ask your referees to send them directly to email@example.com
- Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates – academic transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted along with the scholarship application by the funding deadline. We will be using these to verify your academic qualifications.
- A recent CV
- Candidates should use the ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ section of the application form to clearly state the field of research that interests you and explain why it particularly matches your skills and experience.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview by Skype by our Admission team.
- Scholarships and bursaries
- An introduction to postgraduate study
- Postgraduate Taught Courses
- Contact the Postgrad Admissions team
- Current Students
- How to apply for your postgraduate course
- Postgraduate Research Programmes
- Fees and Funding
- Postgraduate Open Days
- Apply Online
- Careers and Employability
- Why study at Swansea
- Academi Hywel Teifi
- Student life
- Student Services
- Information for parents and advisors
- Enrolment, Arrivals and Welcome
- Postgraduate Enquiry
- Meet our postgraduate students