The MRes in Visual Computing is ideal preparation for a related research career or specialist employment in visual computing. Your specific research areas will be computer graphics, computer vision, medical imaging, and scientific visualisation.
You will be self-motivated to undertake substantial individual study, carry out curiosity-driven research to an advanced level, and follow self-study material in advanced topics.
In consultation with your supervisor, you will decide upon your dedicated visual computing topic of research. Your evaluation of current research will be complemented by your own research programme, which is supported by taught courses on useful literature and research skills.
Computer Science at Swansea University is widely acknowledged as a leading UK department, with a raft of impressive rankings reflecting teaching and research excellence.
Why Computer Science at Swansea?
- 5th in the UK for Overall Satisfaction by the National Student Survey, 2021
- 5th for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide, 2021
- UK TOP 12 for Graduate Prospects by the Complete University Guide, 2022
- Ranked Top 20 in the UK for Research Excellence [Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021]
- World-ranked [QS World University Rankings]