The MRes in Biosciences gives you expert research training embedded in our world-class research groups embedded within one or more of our research themes in Biosciences. You will benefit from our specialist facilities on the way to achieving a research qualification of genuine distinction.
Our specialist facilities include:
- a custom-designed £12.5 million coastal research vessel
- the unique Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research
- advanced computing facilities with high-end graphics workstations
- bespoke behaviour and ecology laboratory facilities
- dedicated molecular ecology and endocrinology facilities and laboratories
The first term consists of two compulsory modules providing core science skills, knowledge of research methods and scientific reviewing, and one module chosen from a range on offer from the College of Science. The second and third terms are occupied by the research project.