The MRes in Biosciences gives you expert research training embedded in our world-class research groups embedded within one or more of our research themes in Biosciences. You will benefit from our specialist facilities on the way to achieving a research qualification of genuine distinction.
Our specialist facilities include:
- a custom-designed £12.5 million coastal research vessel
- the unique Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research
- advanced computing facilities with high-end graphics workstations
- bespoke behaviour and ecology laboratory facilities
- dedicated molecular ecology and endocrinology facilities and laboratories
The first term consists of two compulsory modules providing core science skills, knowledge of research methods and scientific reviewing, and one module chosen from a range on offer from the College of Science. The second and third terms are occupied by the research project.
Why Biosciences at Swansea?
- TOP in the UK for Overall Satisfaction for Biology (non-specific) [National Student Survey, 2021]
- Biosciences is ranked 7th in the UK for Research Excellence and 2nd in the UK for the quality of our research publications [Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021]
- We are ranked 3rd in the UK for Student Experience by The Times Good University Guide 2021
- We are ranked 7th in the UK for Student Satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2022
- We are World-ranked by the QS World University Rankings