The DProf and MRes in Research in Health Professions Education gives you expert training in education research methods. The programme is suitable for anyone who wants to undertake rigorous, practice-focused research, from doctors, nurses, academic educators, social care professionals or psychologists.
Your programme will feature:
- Full training and support in a broad range of research methods
- Emphasis is research-on-practise, meaning research can be conducted in your work place on topics that are directly relevant to your role
- Focused, taught analysis of the evidence base for current practise in health professions education
- Supported development of a research proposal, including literature review, methodological approaches and ethical approval
- Support from an outstanding community of experienced researchers to address specific training and research needs
- Supervisors from a top UK Medical School
- Flexible part-time study
- Practice-focused learning
During your course you will benefit from our highly regarded specialist facilities and our top ranking research programmes. Our Medical School has been recognised as one of the UK’s top research performers.
- Swansea University Medical School is a leading UK centre for medical research
- Ranked 1st in the UK Research Environment
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for Research Quality
- 100% world class or internationally excellent in terms of impact (REF 2014)
- 95% of the research submitted was assessed as world-leading (54%) or internationally excellent (41%) REF 2014
- Postgraduate students will have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science (ILS).
We have strong connections with a range of external partners and collaborators, including the NHS; Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University (ABMU) Health Board; Hywel Dda Health Board; UK research council; Welsh Government and numerous national and international links. These connections, along with the skills and qualities you develop during your research degree will enhance your CV, and help you stand out in a highly competitive graduate employment market.