Start dates: 1st October, 1st January, 1st April, 1st July.
When you join our thriving community of postgraduate research students, you’ll become part of a supportive and friendly environment where we are dedicated to understanding some of society’s most challenging issues.
An LLM by Research gives you the chance to pursue a research project based around your own passions and interests, leading to a qualification which can open the door to doctoral study or boost your career prospects.
This is a more flexible route to gaining a master's qualification and is ideal if you are employed full-time or if regular attendance in class would be difficult.
You can study the LLM by Research over a year full-time or two years part-time.
We have a wide range of expertise, and we invite applications in the following areas:
- Common, Contract and Commercial Law - particularly Comparative Law of Obligations, Securities, Company Law, IP Law and use of IP assets in securing funding for small and medium sized businesses, E-contract Law, Company Law, Equity Law, Law and Technology; and World Trade Law.
- Maritime Law - in particular Transport Law, Environmental Protection, Ship Building, Collisions, Law of the Sea, Marine Insurance, Salvage and Enforcement of Maritime Claims.
- Oil and Gas Law – especially Investment Treaties, Liability Regimes and Investment Arbitration.
- Public Law across domestic, regional and international levels including: Administrative Law; Medical Law, Children’s Rights; Constitutional Law; Devolution; Economic Law; Environmental Law (including Land-use Planning and Nature Conservation); European Union Law; Gender and the Law; Human Rights Law; Investment Law; Minority Language Rights; Multilevel Governance; Socio-economic Law; and Public Procurement Law.
- Criminal Law and the Law relating to Terrorism, Cyber Terrorism and Counter Terrorism.