Who are the Mary Williams Group?
The Swansea University Mary Williams Group is a network of senior women from all departments across the University. Members can recommend other interested individuals to join the group.
The Mary Williams Group first met to recognise Ada Lovelace Day 2013 and decided that volunteers from the Group would form a Steering Group to lead to ensure progress and make arrangements for events and meetings.
The aims of the network are to:
- share information and good practice
- act as role models for their area
- take a lead on gender equality in the University
- actively promote development opportunities and progression of women for their area; e.g. mentoring, CV workshops, promotions guidance, etc
The Mary Williams Group have established an email distribution list to faciliate the sharing of information, interesting articles and useful documents. To email the Group, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Click here to read the Mary Williams Group Terms of Reference
Mary Williams Group Seminar Series
The Mary Williams Group hold regular seminars around the theme of gender equality in academia. On Friday 5th June 2015, Swansea University welcomed bioscientist Professor Jenny Martin, of the University of Queensland, Australia, who visited the University as the keynote speaker at the Mary Williams Group Seminar (pictured above). Read more at the Swansea University press page.
Mary Williams Award
The Mary Williams Award aims to recognise individuals for their contribution to the University’s culture and community through:
- supporting the University’s equality agenda to utilise all of our talent
- supporting the career development of colleagues and/or students with a particular focus on removing barriers that prevent development
- promoting and/or providing equal opportunities for all