Great Hall and Taliesin Performances
At Taliesin Arts Centre & The Great Hall, students can enjoy a wide choice of cultural events from just £5!
- Taliesin, situated at Singleton, offers fantastic discounts to the students on a programme of mainstream and specialist films (£6), live drama, dance and music (£5*). There are last-minute student deals on live broadcasts from famous venues across the UK (£5 on the door).
- The Great Hall on Bay Campus is also home to a broad programme of live concerts and literary events. Most student tickets at this venue are priced at £5 and bookings can be made at either Taliesin or Great Hall box offices.
Swansea University students can call in to Taliesin and sign up for a free membership card which entitles you to your first 3 live events absolutely free!**
* Except for private hire events; ** This special offer is subject to availability.
Other local venues
There are many other places to hear music in Swansea…
- The Brangwyn Hall, located in the historic Guildhall, is one of the UK’s most memorable concert halls, featuring the almost psychedelic British Empire Panels by Frank Brangywn. The hall regularly hosts the BBC National Orchestra of Wales (cheap student tickets available), and features regular lunchtime organ concerts (free entry). Details of events in the Brangywn Hall are on the Swansea Council Website: www.swansea.gov.uk/brangwynevents
- Swansea Jazzland, in Uplands, regularly hosts outstanding musicians from the UK and further afield. www.swanseajazzland.co.uk
- There are loads of small venues hosting gigs of all kinds in the city centre, Uplands and Brynmill. Check social media for the latest information: