Support for Care Leavers

Swansea University offers additional support for care experienced young people.  We have a support package which we hope will help you to settle in, focus on your studies and graduate successfully.

How do I qualify?

To qualify for the support package, you need to:

  • Be aged 25 or under when you start the course
  • Have been in Local Authority Care for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14
  • Have been in Local Authority Care at school leaving age (16) or after

This means that if you meet the eligibility criteria, you can benefit from all of the support arrangements offered by Swansea University at any time.  If and when you do come to study at Swansea University you remain entitled to the support until the completion of your course.

How do I access the package?

You can declare on your UCAS application form that you have been in care, or your Social Services Team can let us know that you are a Care Leaver. 

One of our team will be in contact with you directly before you start at university to outline the Care Leaver support package and provide information on how to access the Care Leaver Bursary.


We respect your confidentiality. The Money@CampusLife office are the only department that will contact you regarding your care background. This information will not be shared outside of the office unless you provide us with consent to do so.

If you would like to get in touch with us please call 01792 606699 or email