Invaluable Work Experience
Our LPC work placement scheme runs during reading week (October) and the Easter break. It is a great opportunity to gain some invaluable work experience as we organise a range of placements at practices within the South Wales area.
There is also guaranteed work experience for all LPC students within the University’s Legal Services Department. The Legal Services Department recruits a paralegal or trainee solicitor from our cohort of LPC students each year.
Why complete a work placement?
Work placements provide:
• Experience of the world of work and an insight into particular careers
• The opportunity to make decisions about the career path you would like to follow and the chance to understand some of the different career opportunities available
• The chance to develop a range of personal transferable skills
• A strong addition to your CV and relevant experiences to discuss at job interviews
• The chance to network with local professionals and gain advice on career decisions
• A valuable contribution towards your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
Our industry partners include:
• Acuity Legal
• Carmarthenshire County Council
• Goldstones Solicitors
• Greenaway Scott
• Swansea University Legal Services
Plus many more!
Is there any funding available?
Bursaries are available and are limited to £100 per student per year.
For more information and an online application form, contact Anne-Marie Hutton