You can take parental leave if you need to look after your child and can help you towards managing childcare arrangements.
- Parental leave is unpaid and applies to every child in your household.
- To be eligible for parental leave:
- your child must be under 18 years
- you must have continuous service with Swansea University of one year or more
- you are named on the child’s birth or adoption certificate
- you have parental responsibility for your child
- You can take up to 18 weeks unpaid leave.
- You can normally take up to 4 weeks per year and this leave should be taken in blocks.
- If you wish to apply for parental leave you can do so through your Head of your Department/College giving at least 21 days notice, except in special or emergency cases, specifying when the leave is to start and finish.