How to connect your Android device to eduroam
Below are instructions on how to connect your Android device to the eduroam wireless network. Please ensure that you are connected to the SwanseaUni-setup wireless network when following the instructions relevant to your device.
Android Wi-Fi Setup on eduroam
Below are instructions on how to connect your AndroidOS version based device to the eduroam wireless network using the eduroamCAT app.
Getting the eduroamCAT app
1. First you must register your android device on the registration page.
2. You need to install the eduroamCAT app. This is available from the Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.ac.swansea.eduroamcat
You will not be able to get this through the SwanseaUni-Setup network. You will either need to switch off wireless on your device and use 3g/4g network access or visit the Library (either campus) and connect to the SwanseaUni-Visitors network.
Get the EAP-Config file for the app
3. Once the app is intalled, you next need to locate the config file. This can be found here:
Click this link from your android device, or email the file to a email account on the android device.
4. Once you load the config file, you next need to click Install and agree to the terms.
5. Then click on the Connect tab and enter your username and password.
Your username is your University email address, in the format of email@example.com
Your password is your email password.
6. Then click the Install button to connect.
7. Use the Status section to confirm you are connected.