Protect your information
Members of the University have an obligation to protect their information and that of others.
All staff and students must adhere to the University Computer Regulations and Janet Acceptable Use Policy.
The University's detailed security policy can be found here.
Important Advice to follow:
- IT Services will never ask for your password by email or via the servicedesk.
- If you get a suspicious email never respond to it or click any links. Please seek advice first.
- Make use of strong passwords that will not be easily guessed.
- Keep software up to date by running updates and use anti-virus software.
- Be cautious what websites you visit and enter personal information into. Make sure they are legitimate.
- Maintain regular backups of important data.
Need Help or Advice?
If your information or computer equipment may have been compromised contact the Customer Service Team.