Staff Mobility with Erasmus
Through the ERASMUS + programme, Swansea University staff have the opportunity to participate in Teaching Staff Mobility or Staff Training Mobility. The International Development Office has been successful in its application for funding for the 2018/19 academic year and we are now inviting applications from staff to participate in the programme.
- Minimum duration 2 days. Maximum duration 2 weeks excluding travel
- Funding available: Travel and Subsistence elements of the grant will be provided calculated as per tables below
- Actual costs can be reimbursed up to the maximums as per tables below, but are paid on the basis of receipted expenditure
- Activity to be completed before 31st August 2019
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for Erasmus staff mobility funding for activity to be carried out during the 2018/19 academic year, please complete the application form and submit by 31st October 2018. All applications will need to be endorsed by line managers before they are submitted.
In the event that we receive more applications than can be funded, in line with Erasmus National Agency guidelines, priority will be given to staff that have not accessed Erasmus funding in the past.
Additionally, colleges and administrative departments may be asked to prioritise applications from their staff. To download an application form, please follow the links below:
If your application is successful you will receive detailed correspondance in relation to the funding you will receive as well as the paperwork required.
Funding is available for staff mobility in the following participating countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,
Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia,
Spain, Sweden, and Turkey.
Please note, this funding is not available for opportunities within the UK
Erasmus+ provides funding for staff mobility as a grant contribution towards subsistence and travel.
- Travel costs – related to the trip for example travel from Swansea to the host and back but NOT local travel
- Subsistence costs – hotel, food, local travel etc. The following cannot be claimed for: alcoholic drinks except where taken with a meal; drinks from a hotel mini bar; toiletries; newspapers; magazines; travel guides and any other item which is for personal use.
Up to 2 travel days can be awared as a day's subsistence for staff travelling before and/or after the mobility. If there are training or teaching activities on the same day as travelling, you are not entitled to a travel day.
Please be aware that the expenses claims are subject to external Erasmus+ regulations as well as internal University regulations which can cause a delay in reimbursement.
All payments may be subject to audit by the National Agency (The British Council) therefore it is essential the paperwork is completed in a timely manner and ideally handed in within a month after the mobility.
Actual costs can be reimbursed up to the maximums listed in the tables below, but are paid on the basis of receipted expenditure.