The College of Human and Health Sciences Department of Nursing held their Celebrating Nursing Awards on the 27th April 2018.
The ceremony brought together current nursing students who were rewarded and recognised for going the extra mile in practice, and participating in events that support nursing and good practice both inside and outside the University.
The winners on the evening were:
- Outstanding Adult Nursing student: David Britton
- Outstanding Mental Health Nursing student: Rachel Huggins
- Outstanding Child Nursing student: Daisy Fahy
- Award for student Innovation and Engagement: Katie Orchard
- The @MyNursing Award for Enhancing the Student Experience: Simon Clothier
- Outstanding Student Contribution in Supporting College Activities: Kelly Pettifer
- Most Inspirational Nursing student: Charlene Baillie
Jayne Cutter, Head of the Department of Nursing, said:
‘I had the honour of attending the Celebration of Nursing Awards in which outstanding nursing students from all fields of study were recognised for their achievements. I never cease to be amazed at the calibre of students we attract to Swansea and it was clear on the night that not only did the nominees display all the values we expect from nurses but they demonstrated a huge commitment and passion for nursing. The winners all went above and beyond what we expect from our students and in many cases did so while struggling through major life events and personal difficulties. I’m immensely proud of all of them’.
- Wednesday 9 May 2018 11.25 BST
- Tuesday 6 August 2019 09.20 BST