The Department of Interprofessional Health Studies brings together a range of complementary health disciplines whose work is integral to health and wellbeing across the lifespan. The Research and Scholarship Hub collates and coordinates the research and scholarly activity across the various disciplines, promotes collaboration and enhances co-production and professional development of staff and students.
Our research themes include:
- Reproductive health, pregnancy and parenting, gender and sexuality
- Biomedical science, health and care, including respiratory physiology, cardiac physiology, audiology
- Paramedic science and urgent out of hospital care
- Occupational and physical therapies
- Holistic health and empowerment.
- Education and professional development
- Teaching and Learning in clinical practice,
- Transitions from student to newly qualified practitioner
We have a suite of health services provided via the Health and Wellbeing Academy which provides a focus for research and scholarship in hypnobirthing and preparation for pregnancy and parenting, birth trauma resolution therapy, audiology, respiratory physiology and osteopathy.
Research Lead - Dr Alys Einion firstname.lastname@example.org