Recognising teaching excellence
During graduation week we not only celebrate the hard work and success of our students but also the dedication and commitment of all those involved in educating them across the university.
During Summer Graduation 2012, the Vice-Chancellor is presenting the Distinguished Teaching Award to 8 individuals, who through nomination by students and selection by a judging panel, have demonstrated the excellence of their teaching and efforts to enhance student learning.
This year we received the most nominations we have ever received for the Distinguished Teaching Award, with 126 student nominations for 85 different lecturers.
This year's recipients of Distinguished Teaching Awards are:
- Dr Sarah Gamble, English, College of Arts and Humanities
- Professor Jim Milton, TEFL, College of Arts and Humanities
- Dr Eddie Owens, Classics, College of Arts and Humanities
- Dr Tracey Rihll, Classics, College of Arts and Humanities
- Ms Ruth Costigan, Law, College of Business, Economics and Law
- Dr Geraint Harvey, Business, College of Business, Economics and Law
- Mrs Simone Bedford, Nursing, College of Human and Health Sciences
- Dr Adrian Luckman, Geography, College of Science